Sawbones Sensory Training Injection Kit (STIK™) for Knee updates our workhorse knee injection trainer with rich digital graphics and computer sensing for discrete targets providing tactile, visual and audio response at an economical price. The STIK injection training system is a major update that allows the user to practice injection skills by way of manual palpation, needle targeting and insertion for various applications - placing collagen or cortisone based medicines within and around the joint space to treat various injuries. The model, in conjuction with our custom software application, provides visual and audio feedback on the discrete target being injected.
Sawbones Part 1517-6-2 is a larger left, 60 degree injection knee trainer with bundled laptop and EMG needle assembly. This hands-on trainer includes six discrete targets that can be dry injected providing accurate visual and audio feedback. Targets include medial and lateral compartments, superior patella pouch, infrapatellar bursa, ITB bursa, and Pes Anserine bursa.
The replaceable skin (Part Number 1485-106) can be drawn on and easily erased using dry erase markers provided to outline anatomical points. This system comes with fully programmed laptop and charger, knee simulator, EMG needle assembly and connector, and storage case for needles. This knee is mounted on a table-friendly base for stability during use.
- Fully bundled package to allow plug and play use right out of the box: No extra parts or software needed.
- Custom software comes pre-loaded and configurted on the laptop included with the system.
- Manual and electronic interface combined in one training system: Expands the visual and mechanical aspect of the learning experience.
- Bone landmarks can be palpated which enhances real life procedure for acquiring correct target location.
- Durable construction with modular and replacement parts.
- Replaceable (and durable) simulated skin allows users to draw and easily erase anatomical landmarks on the outside of the knee.
- Versatile software system (on Windows platform) is used for graphics and data configuration: Future versions may allow for individual user content including custom branding, tutorials, custom support information, tailored guided instruction, dosing information, and more.
- The practice knee is mounted on a durable, stable tabletop stand that provides hands-free operation if desired.
STIK Injection Trainer Software
The custom software system provides both rich visual and audio feedback when each discrete target is achieved.
Example of Successful ITB Bursa Targeting